Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Refrigerated milk

Default Refrigerated milk

Hi.....
    I am about to embark on a big glass of wine.....I need it... I have a bottle of milk that I pumped last night in the frig for when she wakes...it could be in an hour or tow or three..who knows....shenis so unpredictable.she doest sleep thru the night..she is 3 1/2 months. So my question is.....can I take the milk out of the frig now so it gets to room temperature by the time she needs it so I don't have to warm it...once she wakes she wants to eat immediately...she has NO patience....and I have son sleeping and I don't want to wake him.
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    Left hospital after c/s 8lbs 6 oz
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    2 months 8/2/11- 12lbs 5 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    8 months-21lbs on home scale
    9 months-22lbs and 13 ouz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2
    Can't believe I have made it 11 1/2 months of nursing!!

Default Re: Refrigerated milk

Will she take cold milk? The ideal would be to leave it in the fridge until needed. I believe milk is okay unrefrigerated for about 6-8 hours, but don't take my word for that. You could always leave it in the fridge and then warm it by immersing it in a cup of hot water- that's how I used to warm late-night bottles.

At three months old, I think you can safely nurse even after a big glass of wine. Especially once you are no longer feeling tipsy. See this link for more: http://kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I have never tried....cold milk........ I think I will take it out soon and I am sure she will be up in at least two hours to eat..... My glass is big. Lol... 2nd time in 12 months...so I feel tipsy already and I have some still left... If she wakes in fournhours from no I Will feed her as it should be out of my system.....and I will just dump the milk...even though that kills me...
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    Left hospital after c/s 8lbs 6 oz
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    2 months 8/2/11- 12lbs 5 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    8 months-21lbs on home scale
    9 months-22lbs and 13 ouz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2
    Can't believe I have made it 11 1/2 months of nursing!!

It's OK to leave it at room temp to warm up a bit to at least get the chill off before feeding it to a baby who may be reluctant to take cold milk.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!