Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help - I'm afraid

Default Re: Please help - I'm afraid

Yes mama, please let us know how Monday goes.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sam.c View Post
    Thanks so much for the support. I already feel less panicked, and on Monday I'm going to call my doctor. I didn't know that PPD could set in later. I thought if I felt ok after the first couple weeks then I wouldn't have it. Also, I had been walking a lot in the third month, but I dropped off recently. That probably didn't help. Tonight I went for a short walk, and tomorrow I'm going to start my longer ones again.

I have people who would help me with baby care, including my husband. I've been my own problem there, because I don't pump and we don't really have a routine so I worry that if I leave DS for an hour, that will be the hour he'll want to eat three times. We live around the corner from a coffee shop, though, so I can leave someone at home with the baby and I would be close in case he's really inconsolable.

Thank goodness, I recently found out we have a LLL chapter here, and tomorrow is their family day for BF awareness week. I'm going to that, so I hope I will meet local people for mutual support. It will be the first time I've met someone else in real life who is currently breastfeeding: I can't wait.
    Those are all really good ideas. Were you able to go to the LLL family day? Do you know when their regular meetings are? The monthly meetings are probably a little quieter and more organized than a BF week event. They're generally casual discussions and a great place to ask questions and meet other moms.

Please keep us posted!
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

My doctor prescribed Zoloft and referred me to a therapist. I see the therapist on October 10, and I have a follow up appointment with my doc about the Zoloft on October 26.

I did go to the LLL family day, and I'm going to their next meeting, which is October 19.

Thanks for following up.

How are you feeling? If the therapist doesn't click (or if that feels like too far away) remember there are a lot of them out there and you can keep trying them out until you click.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Thanks for the update, Keep up all the great stuff you were trying in addition to the meds! How do you feel?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Hope things are continuing to get better for you guys!
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97

Thanks, I feel a lot better. I really appreciate the support here.

Mama, you're not a bad mama, your having a hard patch and looking for help! I totally understand. My LO makes the most annoying noise that drives DH and I up the wall! Sometimes I just want to cover her mouth or scream! Getting in touch with the local LLL group is a great start! Getting some time away would probably help as well, at this point you can probably leave LO for 2-3 hours. I'd nurse first and then go relax! One thought, I'd suggest seeing a counselor and psychiatrist. Seeing your family Dr is alright, but a psych will have much more background with meds and be able to get just the right thing for you (if meds are where you need to go, they can help determine that as well). A counselor will give you someone to talk to and work out solutions with!

Hang in there, it will get better!

My girl is distractible baby almost 7 months. Sometimes we need about 10 minutes to start breastfeed. So hard, but days are passing by...almost 7 months, Good time is runing so quick...
    What am I doing? Thinking how nice is to have healthy child...that is the most important thing...other things are part of motherhood.
    L. - 2008.
    N. - 2011.

I'm so glad you're seeking the help you need! PPD can definitely set in later. I started on zoloft when Joe was eight months. I probably should have asked for it a lot sooner. My maternity leave with Joe went great, but when I went back to work, everything just started falling apart. It's so important to have support and help. You definitely shouldn't feel like a bad mama - this can happen to anyone.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.