Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Supply

Default Supply

DD has suprisingly started to wake once at night about 3:30am, with no assistance from me. She goed to bed about 8pm wakes at 3ish and i feed both breasts and she goes back to sleep until 8am. She was waking every 2-3 hours at night and sometimes every hour during the early morning hours. I dont now what happened but i love it.

My question is will my supply suffer b/ of less feeds at night?

Also, at times she is on her belly. As soon as I roll her over she rolls right back. She is a great roller from back to front but not from stomach to front. She can make it to her side but her arm gets in the way.She gets a lot of tummy time b/c she enjoys the position.
    born 8lbs 12oz 21 inches
    Left hospital after c/s 8lbs 6 oz
    1 week old- 8lbs 6 oz
    2 weeks old- 8lbs 11 oz
    1 month- 9lbs 11 oz
    2 months 8/2/11- 12lbs 5 oz
    3 months- 14lbs even
    4 months-16lbs even
    6 months- 18lbs 6oz
    8 months-21lbs on home scale
    9 months-22lbs and 13 ouz
    11 months- ?
    12th months June 2
    Can't believe I have made it 11 1/2 months of nursing!!

Default Re: Supply

As long as you feed on demand, your baby's sleeping habits will not impact your overall supply. Your nighttime supply may decrease a bit, but your daytime supply will increase to make up the slack. Don't be surprised if either of 2 things happen:
    - your baby starts feeding more often during the day
    - your baby starts waking at night again- many babies go through a phase of sleeping through the night, but it's often just a phase!

Once a baby can roll, you just have to accept that they are going to sleep in the position that suits them best. Also, once a baby has the body control to enable her to roll, the danger of tummy sleeping decreases a lot, since the baby now has the body control to mov herself out of an uncomfortble or dangerous sleeping situation.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Supply

my son had been sleeping from 730-3 for about one week, last night he was up at 1130. he nursed at that time and i had plenty to give him. your supply should be fine if she is to wake up again.

my son also has a little trouble going from belly to back but does great back to belly. i have found him sleeping on his stomach a few times now. last week he once he woke up screaming because he needed help rolling back onto his back. no big deal, i went in, rolled him and back to sleep he went. she should let you know if she has a problem.

good luck to you both to have her continuously sleeping for that big chunk in the night!
    mom to ds daniel 12/16/09 and ben 2/27/11