Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Local radio DJ and pumping

Default Local radio DJ and pumping

This is somewhat random, but one of the local radio stations has a female DJ who recently had a baby and pumps at work. They've created a contest where you guess, in CCs, how much she pumps during her show. It's silly and irreverent, but pro-breastfeeding and I'm in favor of it.

They have created "breastmilk pumping" songs, too, which crack me up. Here are a couple:

Click on the "audio MP3" box below the picture under the "Breast Milks" header.

Likewise, scroll down below the picture of Snoop Dogg, and click on the "audio MP3" box.
    First-time mom to Little Manatee (1/7/2010)

Nursed for 3 1/2 years!

My little boy is my everything.

Default Re: Local radio DJ and pumping

Hilarious. Irreverent. But funny nonetheless
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

and normalizing

mother of 2 boys!

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

i like that they call it breastmilks .... it just sounds like a fun place to work. love that they are normalizing it

This is the kind of changes we need in society to make it easier on our daughters to nurse their babies!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

LOL, awesome!