Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown Sugar Pop Tarts

Lightbulb Brown Sugar Pop Tarts

Okay, I know this is strange.. Everytime that my milk seems to get low, I eat brown sugar Pop Tarts and I can produce a ton more. I just pumped 4 oz, after eating 2 of them this morning for breakfast. Yesterday I couldn't pump 10ml in the morning!! I know that it's not the healthiest breakfast; but it's nice to know that I'm not drying up!!

If anyone else wants to try this and let me know the result, I would appreciate it. I am curious if it is actually the Pop Tarts that are increasing my milk production, or if it's just coincidental.

Thanks!

Default Re: Brown Sugar Pop Tarts

I'll pick some up today. I have a perfectly good supply, but it's easily stimulated by herbs, for example, and I'm pumping and know about how much I should get at each session, so we'll know if this is the case.

I'll have to beat my kids off as I never buy PopTarts
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thanks! I never used to buy them either, but one day I had a craving and picked some up. That's when I realized that they seem to help me produce more milk. I wonder if it's the starch or sugar content????

I have nothing to add except I was totally addicted to those when I was pg with DS1. Hey, if it works, keep on keepin' on! Maybe your body needed the extra calorie boost!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

That is awesome. Hey whatever works, right?!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

I bought some. I hope they are the same ones you got. Brown Sugar in the blue box? I ate two. We'll see what happens Maybe I can refill my fridge's freezer!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

That's interesting..

Well, I think it's a fluke I have eaten 3 -- 2 yesterday and then some this AM, and I'm pumping the same as usual. Bummer. I'll keep trying
    Susan

I am trying to find out if pumpkin or apricot empanadas will increase my supply. No reason to think they will, but that is my story and I am sticking to it.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    I bought some. I hope they are the same ones you got. Brown Sugar in the blue box? I ate two. We'll see what happens Maybe I can refill my fridge's freezer!
    Yup, those are the ones! I'm excited to find out what happens !!