Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Calling all travelers.... i need HELP!

Default Calling all travelers.... i need HELP!

So, here is the deal!
    my DD and i went on a trip to korea and back.
    on our way to korea we had no problems with my DD (10 months old btw) adjusting to the time change because she was tired from the long trip and it was night when we landed so it was just straight off to bed. (LOL DONT ASK ME ABOUT HOW THE TRIP WAS. JUST TRY TO IMAGINE 14 HOURS WITH AN ACTIVE CRAWLING STANDING BABY IN YOUR LAP AND RUDE PEOPLE SITTING NEXT TO YOU LOL)

so. no problem there. a breeze right?

well heres the issue.

while we were there my DD became really attached to my father, and when we came back home to the US it was only 2 pm.

annd we are on night three and... its terrible. she wakes up every hour. wailing. during the day shes clearly tired but doesnt want to sleep [im assuming its cortisol thats doing the evil work here.. you know how when your baby is tired the body produces cortisol which acts like adrenaline leading to restlessness and frequent wakings]

but im wondering if she's having emotional issues as well. i think at 10 months they are old enough to create emotional bonds with people...

is there a way for me to ease that for her? help her a little bit?? its quite upsetting to see her so upset during the day...

and how long would you say it takes an infant to adjust back to a different time zone???

i can handle waking up with her and wrestling her with sleep at night but im more concerned about her happiness... a tired baby probably isnt very happy and a baby missing someone of course.. isnt very happy...

any advice ladies?
    thanks!

Default Re: Calling all travelers.... i need HEL

ps... i am too severely exhausted... and jetlagged.... lol mommy wants some sleep!!!!!!

Skype is really a good idea! Thanks for that and lol at the cry I out thing... I really just want to put her in her crib n close the door and just take a nap myself sometimes haha

Are you making sure to get lots of natural light during the day? That can really help reset your body clock.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

We travelled to Thailand with my daughter when she was 14 months old. The trip was great but I'd say it took her 5-6 days to get back on schedule from the jet lag. We just tried to keep her usual schedule, lots of activity and light exposure during the day and quiet at night. She had been sleeping in her own crib but we did bring her back to our bed for a while after we returned to help with the transition. Wish I had a magic bullet for you, it was brutal for a few days!
    Mom to Nora 1/9/10 and Ian 8/1/11.
    Happily . Not looking forward to again when I return to work!
    Never thought I'd be nursing a toddler and a newborn!

by the way i have been meaning to ask you.. what are these magical teething necklaces you speak of!

magical

P.S. Your baby is beautiful
    Yai

Mamá de Aini 19-09-10 (or, for my English speaking folks: 09-19-10)

Pregúntame sobre pañales de tela Ask me about cloth diapers!

Awwwwww thank you!