Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take the pump to Vegas?!

Default Take the pump to Vegas?!

Hey ladies, DH and I will be taking a long weekend to Vegas (sans kids ) in November... DS will have just turned 2 YO... currently, he is still nursing 2x per day M-F, and usually 3-4x per day Sat/Sun. I will arrive in Vegas on Thursday and then home on Sunday (provided all flights go on time, etc.) So I guess I need to bust out the pump and maybe pump 2x per day while I'm there? I anticipate that he will resume nursing when I get home... and I'm pretty sure I will NOT be able force myself to dump out what little milk I will pump, and will have to bring home the 2.5 ounces I pump over 4 days. Or do you think I would be ok to not pump for that weekend?

ETA: And I am also sooo worried that he will wean during that time! I am SO not ready for him to wean. But I guess if he does, then we had a good 2 year run?
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Default Re: Take the pump to Vegas?!

If it were me, I'd bring it. You may or may nto need it, but it's better to be safe than sorry!!
    When I went to TX and DS2 was 19 months, I didn't think I needed it since he nursed like once a day and once a night, but after about 36 hours I was miserable!!! Luckily my moms neighbor in TX had a hand pump she didn't need and that was a huge relief.
    Bennett didn't wean then, but he did when I went to Disney 2 months later. I was kind of sad, kind of happy, but I felt like I forced it on him Whatever happens, follow his lead, he might pick it back up when you get back!! It will be a good way to reconnect!
    Have fun!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

i would bring it because nothing ruins a weekend alone more than the creepy full feeling a needing to pump.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    i would bring it because nothing ruins a weekend alone more than the creepy full feeling a needing to pump.
    Good point! Well, looks like the old pump will be making the trip to Vegas with me. I am making a mental note to be sure everything is in working order before I go!

My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Definitely bring it. You probably won't need it, but you'll have it just in case. I just had to jump on and tell you that your thread title made me think of Austin Powers.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Take the pump.I recently had removed wisdom teeth and thought I should fine without nursing at night but I had to pump in the early morning.

Thanks
    Mangai

Well you all might be interested to know that the pump made the trip to Vegas with me... I think I pumped about 4 times over 4 days while I was there, but honestly I don't think I needed to... my boobs never really felt full? Want to know how much milk I pumped TOTAL over 4 pumping sessions? 1 ounce. That's right, only 1 ounce total over 4 pumping sessions. But you know what? I am so against throwing away ANY breast milk at all that I totally saved that 1 ounce, kept it in the frig, kept it cold with a freezie pack and carried it on the plane with me, brought it home to Ohio, and promptly gave it to Mason in a cup upon returning home. And he drank it right up.

And you will also be happy to know that he picked right back up nursing as if I had never left. I am SO happy he wants to continue nursing!!

Woohoo! And I'm glad nursing was uninterrupted
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

aww, that's sweet I wish I would have pushed to nurse Bennett after our trip to FL, I miss it so much! Hope the trip was fun!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Makes you wonder how much the kids get at this age Glad to hear you had a good time and it was no problem in your nursing relationship!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!