My baby is almost 17 weeks (will be 4 months on Sunday). I don't know what to do about a series of problems! This is long - sorry, I just need some help!!
1. He is teething. Already has 2 teeth on the bottom and is clearly working on more. He's beside himself although generally nice. I have been giving him acetaminophen. I have tried teething tablets. I have attempted orajel (but he won't let me put it in there AND he's too young). I have given him the wet washcloth.
2. I'm pretty sure the teething is causing him to wake up at night? And I'm not counting the times he wakes up to eat. On the most "normal" of nights, he wakes up around midnight and then at 4:30 and goes right back to sleep. However, lately, he's adding in 2 or 3 am and staying WIDE awake - it's killing me.
3. Sometimes, and especially right now, he's only eating 1 minute on either side and typically only eats from one side.
4. He's pooping - quite frequently - and they are diarrhea-esque. I believe this may be teeth related and adding to the night waking. I can't just leave him in the bed knowing he's dirty like that - especially when I've just put him down and hear him do it again.
5. My husband is now asking me if we should start solids? I screamed, "NO!" this morning. But he's not the only one (thank GOODNESS my own mom gets it as she BF all 5 of her kids).
I don't know what to do. I'm a work from home mom, so sleeping while baby sleeps is generally impossible as I have deadlines and during-the-day responsibilities that I attend to while he naps.
Please help. This is causing me to consider formula, solids, and no more babies. And I want more babies and want to BF until at least 1 year.
Please help me.