Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Mother's milk tea???

Default Mother's milk tea???

Does mother's milk tea work? I go back to work on Monday and I think I should take it to maintain my milk supply.

Default Re: Mother's milk tea???

Duplicate post - ignore

I drink some at work as well. I do think it works somewhat, but I'm not counting on it to increase milk supply. Maybe it maintains it? Overall, just a good tasting tea that can only help.

If you find that you will need to increase supply I would recommend fenugreek capsules instead.

Has anyone tried More Milk Special Blend?

I find it works very well for me to increase supply; I usually find I can pump an extra few ounces on days after I take it. I drink the equivalent of 3 cups a day, but I make it super concentrated by steeping 2 bags in it at a time and letting it sit (it can flay the skin off your tongue). But a better way to maintain your supply is this:

pump every 2-3 hours you are apart from baby without fail; if you need to, work in a session while driving to/from work. Don't watch the clock; watch the flow. Pump until you have just a few drops coming out (unless you have an OS).
    do breast compressions
    be sure you have a good pump: PISA, Freestyle, Lansinoh, Ameda. A cheap one from X-Mart won't work well or for long
    hands free bra will help you relax and get a better letdown
    pump for a few minutes after you get the last drops out to further stimulate your supply; if you end up with an OS, you can always cut back

NURSE when you are with baby. Cosleep if at all possible and let baby nurse during then night. Make BFing a priority...when you aren't at work, be ready to nurse baby.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thanks! I drank 4 cups today. I'm not sure it is working yet. I guess I should wait a few days.

I don't notice a difference that day. It usually takes a few days and then I notice it. And it's not like I have suddenly huge leaky boobs. It's more I can pump a bit more.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!