Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tongue Tie/Lazy Nurser?

Default Re: Tongue Tie/Lazy Nurser?

She just said last night went better. She's cut dairy because she noticed a red ring and put it together that right before baby started backsliding (after an initial improvement post-frenectomy) she binged on dairy. So she's trying the elimination just to see if it helps.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

maybe that's all it is!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Yep, certainly couldn't hurt anything. But she does need to just pick a day and go for it. There will be tears, no doubt. Having back up for the older one will help.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Has she tried using an SNS? I had a VERY similar situation/baby and the SNS was a real life-saver. I wasn't even pumping (had been too confident in BF never got a pump) so my supply suffered big time but the SNS (with lots of nursing and pumping of course) brought it back up and taught baby to nurse better. Our BF was saved without the use of a bottle or a frenectomy. I LOVED my SNS!

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*irismom View Post
    Has she tried using an SNS? I had a VERY similar situation/baby and the SNS was a real life-saver. I wasn't even pumping (had been too confident in BF never got a pump) so my supply suffered big time but the SNS (with lots of nursing and pumping of course) brought it back up and taught baby to nurse better. Our BF was saved without the use of a bottle or a frenectomy. I LOVED my SNS!
    Does your child have tongue tie? It's highly recommended to have it corrected sooner rather than later due to feeding issues (with solids) and speech problems. For some reason doctors down play it but when you talk to a speech therapist they are adamant about getting it fixed.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

So just in case anyone is wondering I wanted to update. My friend said she is completely on the breast now! Now more bottles or pumping. I'm so happy for her. Apparently it was eliminating dairy that did the trick for her. Not sure why it was okay getting the milk from a bottle instead of the breast, but it worked so we're happy. WHEW! Thanks for all your words of advice and encouragement.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous