Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is he getting enough?

Default Is he getting enough?

Not sure if I have a low supply and I am doing things to increase it and pumping a normal amount I guess. However, my son just doesn't seem satisfied after breastfeeding and he wants to come back to the breast every hour or so. He has adequate amount of wet and dirty diapers and is gaining. Any ideas on his fussiness and continual need to keep eating? FYI he is on medication for reflux too. This feeding schedule is getting tiring on me and he is not sleeping well at all, he seems to be fighting sleep especially during the day, at night we co sleep and nurse 2-3 times and it seems to go well and he goes back to sleep. Thanks

Default Re: Is he getting enough?

How old is your son? Could this be a growth spurt? When my LO goes through a spurt she sometimes eats every hour. How long has this been going on?
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

How old is he?
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.

He is 8 weeks today

If he has enough wet and dirties he is getting enough. Fussing at breast is really very normal and do is wanting to be perrma attached to your boob. Have you tried different nursing positions? Would you like a link on fussing at breast and/or tips to maintain sanity with a babe perma-attached.
    Baby Girl "Piper" born Feb 12th, 2010. She is a true blessing!

And a baby who is now an Angel in Heaven Feb 7th, 2008.