Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do I..?

Default How do I..?

Hey everyone my LO is 15 weeks old and EBF, I have to return to work soon and would like he to still have BM ... how do I BF and pump ?? I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but everyones story is different I have tried pumping after feeding LO but I can only every get 1-2 oz's.. feels like this is going to take forever to get enough stored away before I return to work.... any advice or tips? thanks for reading

Default Re: How do I..?

Getting 1-2 ozs after feeding is good. You don't need a huge stash before you go back to work because starting with the first day you can pump one day what you need for the next. I have done this three times and I usually aimed to have about 12 oz for each day. 1 - 1 1/2 oz for each hour you are away. When I was getting ready to go back, I would collect BM in my refrigerator until I had about 4 oz and freeze it then.

Here and here are some good links on pumping for work and bottle feeding the breastfed baby.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting