Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is it impossible?

Default is it impossible?

My daughter is 14 weeks old (8weeks corrected) and just got her tongue clipped after several weeks of latch issues and refusing breast. She was in the hospital for 4 weeks and didnt get much help breast feeding so I'm pretty much eping and bottle feeding. Sometimes I was able to slip in bf but she always seemed hungry after. Always she got it clipped this morning and the lc said try 48 with only giving her breast but she won't even suck once. She screams, I calm her down and try again. I tried that 3-4 times then gave her a little bit of bottle and repeated the process. She fell asleep when trying to calm her down. We are doing skin to skin now but I'm so frustrated but I don't want to starve her, help?!

Default Re: is it impossible?

I just answered in the other thread. It is NOT impossible. When my son got his tongue clipped the LC told me the same thing. Ditch the bottles and just breast feed. I had a 4 year old as well and just didn't have the same time I did with her to try. So I didn't do it immediately but at 3 weeks old something in him clicked and he got it. Once he latched I was able to ditch the bottles and give it that kind of dedicated try. But until then it was just torture on all of us. Keep pumping though. You want to be sure that your supply stays up.

My daughter was born at 33 weeks and she didn't latch at all until her due date and then it took another 3 months to get it right. It's so possible. Stick around this forum and take lots of deep breaths. But you can do it!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Default Re: is it impossible?

This link may have some helpful techniques: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"