So here's my problem...s
Eversince my little girl was born we had issues with breast feeding. First it was that she never would latch on for longer than a few minutes and never got any milk. So I freaked out and had my husband buy me a pump from the hospital. So she was on the bottle for about the first 2 months of her life while I was working on nursing with her. Finally I got her to breastfeed and she was doing great but after the first month or so she started tugging at the breast and she was only pooping once every 3 days so I pumped and found that I was only producing up to 2oz. This is what I'm thinking may have caused this
1. she started sleeping 10hrs through the night at 6 weeks
2. I started my periods as soon as I stopped bleeding from the pregnancy.
3. possibly she wasn't sucking properly due to the fact she was so used to the bottle.
4.. this is going to sound funny but I know milk flow is extremely psycholigical.. so I ran out of breastpads and was waiting to buy some because there was a certain kind I liked to use and they were out so I wonder if the fact that I didn't want milk to leak could have slowed my milk supply. I mean I went a few weeks without them.
5. I started worrying about my weight and watching calories.. trying to limit myself to 1700 -2000 calories
6. Started having a major aversion to water.. makes me want to throw up
This is what I have been doing to help.
1. I have been taking fenugreek 2 610mg capsules 3X daily.. been at it for 2wks
2. Drinking mother's milk tea 2-3 cups/day
3. nursing every 2 hours
4. waking up and pumping at 3:00am every night
5. Eating oatmeal cookies with my mothers milk tea, oatmeal for breakfast..Trying to eat more fruits, veggies, beans, meats, less prepared food.
none of this has been working for me. I have no idea what else to do.. I'm totally stressing out and I know that just makes things worse. Formula is not an option. My husband had cancer when he was 4 and I know that formula fed babies are 80% more likely to develop cancer.
Also I would like some more ideas on avoiding the bottle. Obviously I'm having to pump a lot and I am not going to waste the milk I'm getting. What do you guys think about the breastflow bottles? Or I was considering using a dropper.. or even a spoon.
I would appreciate ANY advice I can get. I have been struggling with this for way too long and I can't help but feel like a horrible mother
Please Please Please help!