Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plugged ducts n supply

Default Re: Plugged ducts n supply

My supply very definitely dips and takes time to recover when I'm sick. So, this is very likely a temporary setback. Keep nursing in a way, as Mommal outlined, to increase stimulation to the right, and it will come back.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Hi Mommal,

Thanks for your reply and apologised for taking so long to reply.
    I am definitely not pregnant, been eating oatmeal all these while.
    I do start most of my feedings on my right breast first.
    Also, I'm actually taking dom 2tab 3x a day to help boost my supply but doesn't seem to be of much difference. Can I combined fenugreek together?

thanks again..

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    My supply very definitely dips and takes time to recover when I'm sick. So, this is very likely a temporary setback. Keep nursing in a way, as Mommal outlined, to increase stimulation to the right, and it will come back.
    Hi Susan,

thanks for d encouragement.
    yes, will keep nursing and till today still no difference in supply for my rightie.??? must be something i'm not doing correctly??? or it' just in my mind!
    Last edited by @llli*jamielee; October 30th, 2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: typo error

Some breasts just make way less than the other. I can pump 6-10 oz or more from my left, but first thing in the AM, I can only get 3 from the right. I'm pumping now, about halfway through the session, and I only have 1.5 oz on the right, 4 on the left. If your baby is satisfied by what you make, you don't have to go crazy trying to make them equal.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Hi Susan,

I think i am a bit obsessed with d amount i can pump. But that's not it's all about.
    I don't seem to produce enough during the day for my DD.
    She is nursing about every 2hrs and has been that way during the day and lately even my left breast doesn't seems to satisfy her.
    and at times during the day, she will b hungry again in about 1 1/2hr. both my breast seems to b still empty.
    Last edited by @llli*jamielee; October 30th, 2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typo error

Nursing every 1-2 hours is very normal. It's not a sign of low supply- remember, breastmilk digests fast (in only about 90 minutes), and baby tummies are tiny. I had a huge oversupply of milk with my second baby and she ate every 1-2 hours despite that.

Feeling empty is another thing that tells you very little about your milk supply. After you've been nursing for a while, supply adjusts to meet demand very precisely, without a lot of extra milk left over. It's only when you're producing extra milk that you feel full.

Best indicator of supply is diaper output. As long as baby is producing adequate wet and poopy diapers, there's no reason to worry, no matter how much you can pump or not pump.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Hi Mommal,

I am concern for her diaper output seems less compared to 3wks ago.
    She used to have quite heavy wet nappy but lately not so. That is the reason why I'm doubting my supply and lately she refused to take a bottle and will cry the moment the bottle nipple touches her lips.

At her 4th mth visit to the Paed. She weighs 15lbs n now at her 5mth visit she only weigh 16lbs.

I am also thinking to start her early on solids coz my afternoon supply is really low. Should I? I am already not comfortable getting out of the house afraid she will fuss when NIP with my low supply. At least at home it's easier to just switch sides even when fussing without worrying other ppl looking.
    Last edited by @llli*jamielee; November 3rd, 2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: add info