Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: PLEASE help, about to break down

Exclamation PLEASE help, about to break down

hey, I'm just about at my wits end. I'm dealing with low supply issues right now, and I'm about to my breaking point. I don't wanna stop but if she's not getting enough, Idk what to do. I'm back at work, so she's had to start using a bottle, but I'm not pumping enough to stock up any supply for her to eat at daycare, so she's had to have formula. I've been pumping regularly while I'm at work. I also pump after I feed her, to try to increase my supply, along with nursing on cue. Tonight she was super upset while at the breast and just wouldn't eat, so I gave her a bottle and pumped. I got nothing out of the pump. I have a good quality pump. I'm just not sure what to do anymore. With my supply as low as it is right now, is it even possible to bring it back up? Like I said, I feel like I'm failing at something I want so desperately to be good at.

Default Re: PLEASE help, about to break down

How old is your baby? How many times a day are you pumping? And how many OZ a day are you getting?

Way too lazy for formula

My LO is 3 months old. When I work, I'm pumping every 3 hours. When I'm home with her I feed her on cue, when she is hungry. Then I pump after for 5-10 minutes.

Also I get about an ounce each time I pump, less when I pump after feeding her, which is to be expected I guess. This happened with my son when he was 3 months as well. I gave up then, but this time I want to try harder to push through.

So at the end of each day you only have 3-5 oz to give? Do you have any kind of Freezer stash?

Way too lazy for formula

Are you taking any boosters?

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Are you taking any boosters?
    What kind of pump?
    Are you using the right size of horns?
    Are you doing breast compressions or just relying on the pump's suction?
    On weekends, when you exclusively nurse, is baby sated and having adequate numbers of wet diapers normally (not last night)? This will help us determine if it's a PUMP problem or if you have a low supply in general.
    Has your cycle returned? And if so, could AF be arriving any day?
    Are you pregnant again? Or could be?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!