Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: DD won't drink EBM at sitter

Question DD won't drink EBM at sitter

My 12 month old DD has been going to the sitter for the past 2 weeks and each day is refusing to drink the EBM I am sending for her in sippy cups.

She nurses really well when I drop her off at 7:45 a.m. and nurses really well when I pick her up at 3:00 p.m. After we get home at 4:00 she nurses well too and then drinks the EBM in a sippy cup with her dinner and also in the morning with her breakfast.

She nurses on demand at home morning and night and we partially co-sleep and nurses lots during the night.

My concerns are two fold: first, I'm worried about her missing out on the nutrition from not drinking the EBM at the sitter, and two I'm worried my supply, which has always been low will dry up and she will wean early.

TIA for any feedback.
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love

Default Re: DD won't drink EBM at sitter

Your supply will be fine There are many FT working moms who pump wean at 12 months or so and go on to nurse toddlers for years.

She'll be fine nutrition-wise as well.

Could you have a lipase problem, which is why the milk you are sending with her is not being taken? Or is the milk she is drinking at dinner and breakfast the same milk (and if it were me, I'd stop giving EBM in a cup at home and just nurse!).
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

My daughter went through that around 12-15 mos, wouldn't drink milk in a cup, bottle, or anything. I was really upset and thought we'd have to find someone to take all our frozen milk. For her, it seemed to just be a phase, though, and it wasn't lipase or anything with smell or taste. It was I guess a toddler thing and she got over it. I hope things resolve quickly!
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

It's not a lipase thing because she guzzles the milk in a sipppy with dinner. I still make sure to nurse her before meals so it's just extra milk she is taking in, which I guess isn't a bad thing. She is also not drinking juice or water, well just a few sips, and just holds out for her mama to come home and nurse.
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love

This is what my son did too. Only I work nights so I pump weaned and nursed as often as he wanted during the day my supply slowly decreased his second year but he started eating more and drinking more and we are still loving nursing and he is now 3.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby