Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No "seedy" bm?

Default No "seedy" bm?

My 4 wk dd is exclusively breast-fed, unlike my older dc. I thought her bms should be seedy in texture, but they are yellow-brown slimy, not seedy like they were a couple wks ago. Is this a problem, or just a normal variation?

TIA!

Carey

Default Re: No "seedy" bm?

Hi Carey,
    I would like to know the answer to this question, too! My 3 month old hasn't had seedy or thick bm's since she was 6wks-2mos old. They are yellow, but not seedy or thick at all, just more runny. This seems to be normal for her. She's great, gaining weight, eats well, so I guess it's okay.
    Tracy

In the absence of other symptoms or problems, then runny or slimy poops are normal.

Diarrhea in an infant will have almost no solid stuff there at all -- it will basically look like someone poured apple juice into the diaper. So you aren't seeing diarrhea.

Often when babies are teething and drooling a lot, or when they have a runny nose with lots of watery mucus, then their poops will also get that mucus-ish texture.

And hey -- if you think her poops have a wide range of "normal" now -- just wait until she starts eating solids. That's when the diapers get truly interesting, LOL!

My dd's bms are not seedy most of the time either. They look tan in the diaper, but yellow when I wipe. And they are also slimy. And I've always wondered if it is normal when I can hear it all the way across the room! It sounds like someone is squeezing the last of the ketchup out of the bottle! But she doesn't seem like it bothers her, so I don't think much of it. I just pray that she doesn't have one in church when its completely quiet with a bunch of peopel!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim9983
    I just pray that she doesn't have one in church when its completely quiet with a bunch of peopel!
    That happened to us just two Sundays ago! It was completely quiet, a time of reflection, and THAT'S when she decided it was time to let it loose! lol!! What can you do but laugh?? I quietly, but quickly left to change her and she had it all over her clothes too. It was a doozy! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by mom23
    That happened to us just two Sundays ago! It was completely quiet, a time of reflection, and THAT'S when she decided it was time to let it loose! lol!! What can you do but laugh?? I quietly, but quickly left to change her and she had it all over her clothes too. It was a doozy! lol!

LOL. I would have died!!!

Question Re: No "seedy" bm?

What about "poots"? I swear my 3mnth DD is odd.
    She started to have them at about a mnth old I would feel inclined to check if she went poo poo . They progressivly have gotten louder. And you wont believe it sometimes they are a little on the stinky side..lol My hubby said she smells like corn chips when she does ..lol
    Anyone else experience this? It is almost like big girl poots.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrbaby
    What about "poots"? I swear my 3mnth DD is odd.
    She started to have them at about a mnth old I would feel inclined to check if she went poo poo . They progressivly have gotten louder. And you wont believe it sometimes they are a little on the stinky side..lol My hubby said she smells like corn chips when she does ..lol
    Anyone else experience this? It is almost like big girl poots.
    My dd does this all the time too. I'm not sure what causes it...and sometimes they smell pretty bad and sometimes not so much. She seems to do it a lot at night which wakes her up a lot.

My daughter was born just a few days before you DD the 1st..
    Her poots wake her up too.. I laugh but she will sneeze and poot at the same time.

haha! I just called dd's ped last week about poop! DD doesn't always have seedy diapers..sometimes they are slimey, too. She had a mild case of RSV and they were more slimey then..i figured from all the snot!

yes, i think they poot! DD does this alot and does it loudly..like her dad! You can hear her going/tooting in the next room sometime.
    Tiffany