Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Vitamins?

Default Vitamins?

I am currently on Stuart Prenatal vitamins while EBF. Doc said they were fine, but I am curious as to what other vitamins other nursing moms use. Are there any vitamins on the market that are exclusively made for nursing mothers??

Default Re: Vitamins?

We generally just recommend eating a varied diet to make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need. I haven't heard of any vitamins that are specifically marketed to nursing mothers, though I wouldn't be surprised if there are some. They're usually not necessary though.

LLL does recommend taking a look whether you might need vitamin D supplements. The other things to keep in mind is that fat-soluble vitamins, like A, E, and K, accumulate in the body and it's possible for them to build up to toxic levels if you take too much, so you want to make sure you're not getting more than the recommended amounts between supplements and your regular diet.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--