Re: Constipation foods?
Just looking "effortful" and grunting when pooping isn't enough to indicate constipation in a baby who is eating solids. I wouldn't call it constipation unless:
- the baby is routineley going several days without pooping (in an EBF baby, a baby needs to go a week or more before you start thinking constipation)
- the baby seems really uncomfortable when pooping, to the point of crying or appearing to try to hold the poop in
If either or both of the above apply, then:
- Cut out constipating foods (dairy, cheese, white bread, white rice, bananas, apples)
- offer more "P" fruits (plums, prunes, peaches, pears, aPricots, as well as cherries and blueberries)
- offer to nurse more frequently
- give a sippy of water or watered-down juice with solids
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"