Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ideas for low supply from pumping?

Default Ideas for low supply from pumping?

Wow! So good to find this site! It has given me relief already!...my LO is 6 1/2 months, and my supply is running low as well...this week I've pumped 11 oz. one day, 10 oz. the next (during a FULL day at work) and I pump about 3 - 4 times a day! I'm wondering if my period has anything to do with it as well....it came today. I've been drinking the Mothers Milk tea, tons of water and trying to snack on different things as well. Any other suggestions / ideas?

Default Re: Ideas for low supply from pumping?

Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong

Welcome! I'm glad you found us.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilady453 View Post
    I'm wondering if my period has anything to do with it as well....it came today.
    Very, very possible. A lot of moms find their supplies dip around their period. Just keep nursing/pumping as often as you can, and it should recover in a few days.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Thank you all for your advice! Just talking about this helped! (and....I'm thinking that my supply is better now : )