Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just a little something.....

Default Just a little something.....

Last night while I was nursing our son...my husband came and sat next to me and told me that he was really proud of me for breast feeding our son and that I was doing a great job. Knowing how he feels about this made be feel a bit like supermom

When I look at my son and his chubby little body I am filled with pride and joy that I am the person responsable for how healthy he is. The fact that I have made it this far (10weeks this Sunday) makes me fill with confidence that I can do this for the long haul. I am very grateful to all you ladies on here! Without your support, encouragment and advice I would never have made it.

THANK YOU ALL

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

Default Re: Just a little something.....

what a great thing for your dh to say! it really matters and is such a boost to hear that.

congrats mama

Thanks for sharing. You put a smile on my face.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

What a sweet thing for DH to say -- I think a lot of our DH's feel the same way, but far too few actually voice it!! I'm glad you're feeling so confident nursing, isn't that the best feeling?!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Looks like both our DS's are born on the same day. I feel very accomplished making it this far considering in the first couple of days I didn't think I'd make it past the first week and here we are sitting at almost 10 weeks and still going strong!Glad your DH has recognized what great work both you and baby are doing! Good job momma!

I agree with mallory3kids! This forums and the wonderful help, support and encouragement keep me going too. DS is also about 10 wks, and I'm glad I stuck with brfeeding!