Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Started going to the Sitter

Unhappy Started going to the Sitter

My DD is almost 12 months, and has started going to the sitter. I have been gradually easing her in to a full day (8am-3pm). I have packed her a lunch, and provided diluted apple juice, water and EBM in sippy cups for her to drink while there.

I nurse her when we arrive there and when I pick her up. Other than that, which might be a 5-10 minute nursing session, she refuses to eat or drink anything. She was there for 5 hours yesterday and she ate a few spoons of yogurt, a sip of juice and 4 teddy graham crackers! When I got there she nursed like crazy, and gobbled her lunch when we got home! So she was definitely hungry!

This is a kid who LOVES THE BOOB, eats solids like it's her last meal, and chugs water and juice. It's very out of her character.

While at the sitter she is generally happy, not too fussy, no crying when I leave or arrive, so that is all very positive, it's just the not eating that is worrying me.

Is this normal? Is she just holding out for the boob? On longer days will she just eventually get thirsty and hungry and eat?

I'm major stressing! Poor girl.

Hope today is better, leaving her there for a full day .

Thanks for listening!
    Mirkka
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love

Default Re: Started going to the Sitter

Maybe she's too distracted or excited

Seems like she might need some additional time to make this transition. How long has it been? I bet she will change when the days get longer. When did she start? When DS and I come home, he nursing like crazy! I know that's how he shows he missed his mama

GL
    First baby Thanos Liam born on 12/20/2009... we are and since birth and still going strong!!

Today was the 3rd day. She was there from 8 until 2:30 and only ate 75 ml (just over 2 ounces) of yogurt, a few sips of EBM and some teddy grahams and a few raisins. And she cried....a lot the sitter said. I go back to work full time starting tuesday next week. She will be at the sitter two more days this week and then home for 3 over the long weekend. Oh and since she either nurses to sleep or co-sleeps for naps, she refuses to sleep too.

Tonight she nursed on and off all night, and just crashed from exhaustion. I feel so bad for her, and have no way to tell her why her mama who has always been there for the last 12 months is all of a sudden MIA and she's supposed to take BM from a sippy from a practical stranger!

I just hope tomorrow goes better......
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love