Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Could it be the breast milk?

Default Could it be the breast milk?

For the past 3 days my little girl has had a dark yellowish discharge in her diaper and on her girlie parts. It has happened my 2x before and the pedi said its from being warm but im not sure. She doesn't seem uncomfortable, no odor, I wipe front to back, change her frequently. Could it be from holding her on my hip a lot or that I breast feed and it's my hormones? Anyone have an idea? Please help?

Default Re: Could it be the breast milk?

How old is she?

I am sure it's not breastfeeding or your hormones!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

It's not the breastmilk. Is it causing her a rash?

Way too lazy for formula

She is 9 months old, no rash nothing. It's very little and she hardly ever gets a rash. I did take her back to the doctor and he said that it is extra estrogen I was giving her. I did get my cycle back about 2 months ago. It has stopped and she never seemed umcomfortable. Although it makes sense it does make me worry.

That's a new one to me. I know that it is not uncommon for a baby girl to have bloody vaginal discharge in the first few days/ weeks after birth, as she flushes the last maternal hormones from her body. But I have never heard of it happening at 9 months, regardless of whether or not the mom is cycling again. I would consider seeking a second opinion on this one, particularly if it happens again.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I will thank you.