Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: supply at 10 mos

Default supply at 10 mos

Hi, I've read many posts from this board in the past, but this is my 1st time posting. My LO is 10 mos old. We EBF and started solids gradually at 6 mos. At his 9 mo appt, he weighed around 21 lbs, and 29.5 in long. A month later I weighed him at home by stepping on the scale, and he hadn't gained any weight. In fact he even lost several oz.

Also, I work part of the day 2 days out of the week and am pumping much less. I know pumping output doesn't give a good indication of supply, but it's still worrisome. After a 4 hr wait, I used to pump 7-8 oz, but lately it has been 5 oz. ( I have some BM saved in the freezer, so I'm not worried about him having enough during the little time I work.)

So, I don't know if he needs a little extra formula at this point, or more solids like yogurt. He breastfeeds 6-7 times a day, and 1-2 times at night. Avg 5-10 min a side, but some of these are comfort nursings to fall asleep.

For solids (always after BFing), he has a half a jar of stage 2 or 3 meat combo in the morning, half a yobaby yogurt and half a jar of fruit or veggie in the afternoon, and half a jar of fruit or veggie mixed with baby oatmeal in the evening, plus tastes of what we're having. He'll aso eat a few puffs, cheerios, or diced veggies, but he's not a big table food eater yet. He has sips of water from a cup or straw, but not too much.

Should he be eating more or fewer solids? Do you think he needs to have a little formula at this point to help with his weight? Should I try to increase my milk supply?

Thanks!!!

Default Re: supply at 10 mos

So he wasn't weighed on the same scale each time? I don't think you should worry about it as long as his diaper output is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*intine View Post
    So he wasn't weighed on the same scale each time? I don't think you should worry about it as long as his diaper output is fine.

Also my LO didnt gain any weight between 8m and 11m. She was too busy with everything else.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Yes, I thought about the scale difference too, but it still worried me :-) He is having probably 6 or more wet diapers and a couple of poops a day, so maybe I'm just worring too much...

Good point, codepink- my little guy is very busy too!

We all do it

lol I have freaked out LOTS! This site is my sanity.
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!