Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Making the Sippy Cup More Attractive

Default Making the Sippy Cup More Attractive

DD starts daycare on the 19th. I intend to keep nursing in the morning and evenings and on weekends if she wants. But I need to replace 3-4 feeds during the day. I've tried a sippy of homo milk and she just thinks the sippy is a toy. I've tried three different kinds.

I'm having trouble with her taking water from a sippy as well so I'm not sure if it's the cup or having liquid that isn't breast milk. I gave her a sip of some apple juice out of a very small plastic cup that seemed to work. Should I just give up on the sippy and try an actual cup?

Has anyone else run into this? I have a bit of a stubborn kid.
    Mama to Emi 9/14/10 @ 3:17pm 8 pounds 10 ounces 20.25 inches

Loving with no plans to stop and we until 8 months when she moved to her crib on her own accord

Default Re: Making the Sippy Cup More Attractive

My lo loves those cups with the straws. She wont drink from a sippy cup either, but she will from one of those flip cups. http://nuby.com/en/nuby/cups-spouts?show=flipit_tops
    July 30, 2010-6lbs 2oz- 41w 4d (emergency c-section.) Known dairy, eggs, dogs and cats allergies, eczema, and asthma
    Bonus June 22, 2006 (is 50/50 Custody ) (born 32w) Sensitive to changing temps.
    We BF, BW, Co-sleep and use cloth diapers/pull-ups!

Two of the three I've tried are straw cups including the one you posted
    Mama to Emi 9/14/10 @ 3:17pm 8 pounds 10 ounces 20.25 inches

Loving with no plans to stop and we until 8 months when she moved to her crib on her own accord

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emismommi View Post
    DD starts daycare on the 19th. I intend to keep nursing in the morning and evenings and on weekends if she wants. But I need to replace 3-4 feeds during the day. I've tried a sippy of homo milk and she just thinks the sippy is a toy. I've tried three different kinds.

I'm having trouble with her taking water from a sippy as well so I'm not sure if it's the cup or having liquid that isn't breast milk. I gave her a sip of some apple juice out of a very small plastic cup that seemed to work. Should I just give up on the sippy and try an actual cup?

Has anyone else run into this? I have a bit of a stubborn kid.
    My DD started drinking from a reg cup by one year, that's what she liked.