Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Question for you experienced mommas

Default Re: A Question for you experienced momma

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*usa View Post
    THe Lactation consultant said that he was a lazy nurser, he basically gets one let down and falls Asleep, when the let down finishes he stops sucking. He does not keep sucking to elicit a 2nd let down.
    This reminds me of my own experience with my DD when she was a young infant. An SNS REALLY helped: you put pumped milk in it, let LO nurse first on side 1, when her suckling slows down immediately switch to side 2, switch back to side 1 to see if she still suckled well, if not then *turned on the SNS -- LO felt the milk come down and suckled some more which brought down another letdown, at which point I turned OFF the SNS. Repeat from (*) on side 2 if necessary.

LO being such a lazy nurser was one huge reason that brought my milk supply wayyyy down back then, but pumping and use of the SNS helped bring it back up to full.

I just am not sure if you can still use it with a 4.5MO baby, who may notices the tube in his mouth and/or is too wiggly/distractible to manage with the SNS attached.

I agree with mommal, I'd cut out the banana and rice cereal also. I wouldn't be comfortable giving those to a 4.5MO baby anyway.

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*irismom View Post
    This reminds me of my own experience with my DD when she was a young infant. An SNS REALLY helped: you put pumped milk in it, let LO nurse first on side 1, when her suckling slows down immediately switch to side 2, switch back to side 1 to see if she still suckled well, if not then *turned on the SNS -- LO felt the milk come down and suckled some more which brought down another letdown, at which point I turned OFF the SNS. Repeat from (*) on side 2 if necessary.

LO being such a lazy nurser was one huge reason that brought my milk supply wayyyy down back then, but pumping and use of the SNS helped bring it back up to full.

I just am not sure if you can still use it with a 4.5MO baby, who may notices the tube in his mouth and/or is too wiggly/distractible to manage with the SNS attached.

I agree with mommal, I'd cut out the banana and rice cereal also. I wouldn't be comfortable giving those to a 4.5MO baby anyway.
    Thank you Irismom for your support, I have used the SNS in the past, however there's no way I can use it now. My son notices the tube in his mouth and sees it too, no matter how I try to hide it, he keeps pulling at it. Way too distractable for sns. I have omitted the rice cereal and will omitt the banana in a couple of days. I just feel like I'm nursing every hour for most of the day, I have three small kids, I'm sure you know how that is. I'm not complaining, many moms have it way harder than me, thank God my husband is very supportive, thanks for listening.

You're a trooper. I was nursing and pumping every hour day and night as well, BUT I didn't (still don't) any other kids.

First time, SAH mom to my precious daughter born October 2009
    Nursing 27 months and counting... I still love nursing so much and am SAD thinking the end can come anytime now...