Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much milk production at 6 weeks?

Default Re: How much milk production at 6 weeks?

ok mine is the Medela pump in Style Advanced.....and how do i know if the horns fit right???

If your nipples rub painfully against the sides of the collection tubes, the shields may be too small. If you feel like you frequently lose suction as you pump, they may be too large.

The PISA is a good pump. You still might want to consider using a hospital-grade rental for a while, and seeing if that gets you a boost in output.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

ok i do sometimes lose suction.....f i move or bend.....lol........and where would i rent a different pump....and what kind?????

I would look for a local lactation consultant, preferably an IBCLC. She should have a pump available for rent or know where you can get one, and she can also help you determine what size shields you need. In addition, she can help you with any nursing issues you're having- I still haven't quite figured out if you are nursing and pumping or exclusively pumping? Sorry to be dense!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Pumping all the time...once in a blue moon he will nurse one side ......