Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I didn't pump enough!

Default Re: I didn't pump enough!

I am still running into trouble because I am just not finding enough time to pump. My mother had DS yesterday from 9:30am until 5:30 pm and in that time he drank 12oz, not bad at all. But in that entire time I only found enough time to pump twice, getting about 8oz! I can pump when I get home but by evening I just am not producing that much. Last night I got about 1.5oz more after getting home.

I have a very long commute (1hr 15min each way) and my stinkin' outlet (cig lighter) doesn't work so I can't pump while I drive. By the time I get here I am already almost late for class, etc. Is the fact that I am stressed also going to decrease my output? I am really regretting not building up more of a freezer stash. I had about 8 bags of 3-4oz each and thought that would get me through my first two 4-day weeks (one bag extra for each day). But I am already down to only 3 bags and at least one or two will get used today since I have such a long day (12 hours away).

Sorry for the ramble, I guess I am just venting. Is it really that bad if I get some formula just to have on hand? I don't want little one to go hungry or cry for hours. He has never had formula.

Your PISA should come with a battery pack-- use that while you drive. You are doing great. Give yourself a chance, mama. This is new! The morning is my best time for milk production.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mskalinin View Post
    I am still running into trouble because I am just not finding enough time to pump. My mother had DS yesterday from 9:30am until 5:30 pm and in that time he drank 12oz, not bad at all. But in that entire time I only found enough time to pump twice, getting about 8oz! I can pump when I get home but by evening I just am not producing that much. Last night I got about 1.5oz more after getting home.

I have a very long commute (1hr 15min each way) and my stinkin' outlet (cig lighter) doesn't work so I can't pump while I drive. By the time I get here I am already almost late for class, etc. Is the fact that I am stressed also going to decrease my output? I am really regretting not building up more of a freezer stash. I had about 8 bags of 3-4oz each and thought that would get me through my first two 4-day weeks (one bag extra for each day). But I am already down to only 3 bags and at least one or two will get used today since I have such a long day (12 hours away).

Sorry for the ramble, I guess I am just venting. Is it really that bad if I get some formula just to have on hand? I don't want little one to go hungry or cry for hours. He has never had formula.
    check out the part on "How can I increase pumping output?"

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/p..._decrease.html
    Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lawyer.mama View Post
    Your PISA should come with a battery pack-- use that while you drive. You are doing great. Give yourself a chance, mama. This is new! The morning is my best time for milk production.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

The batteries are all corroded and I am afraid to touch it. Haha...

I looked at the adapter this weekend and it actually had a fuse blown, so we replaced that and hopefully that fixes the problem. I am wondering if my car blew the fuse or if it was just a coincidence. We also had my car looked at this weekend so... hopefully I can stress less and not have to leave two hours early for school anymore!!

My mother did SO well later on in the week, she had him down to at most 12 oz for a full day, which I can totally keep up with. We changed from 4oz bottles to 3 oz bottles and she is trying to make him take longer to drink them. I have been to walmart and babies r us and still haven't found Breastflow bottles, so I guess I will have to order them. Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it!

I've seen the breastflow bottles in Target http://www.target.com/p/The-First-Ye...k/-/A-12873546.
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love