Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: engorged region?

Default engorged region?

hi llladies!

the entire top of my right breast is hard. when i touch it it feels almost like a hard flat section of tissue, very strange.

I dont know if maybe its a large region of plugged ducts

i am just nursing and using a heating pad in case that is it.

any ideas or feedback?

thanks!

Default Re: engorged region?

i've gotten something similar before from a tank that was too tight, it was cutting into that area/causing boob to pop out of the top of the tank. i treated it like plugged duct and it went away. not sure if its similar?
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

i used a heating pat and nursed upside down so jack's jaw was right under the region. it seemed to help a bit. since he was getting restless so i pumped it a bit. it seems better. i fear getting mastitis, especially with this hurricane coming.

thanks for the help

It does sound like a plug to me. Treat with heat, massage, frequent nursing, and varied nursing positions, and stay alert for mastitis symptoms (fever, chills, aches, pains, red streaks/patches on skin of breast).

Good luck!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"