Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't know what else to do...

Default Re: Don't know what else to do...

That is great news! I am telling you it made all the difference in the world for us! Glad to help, and hang in there. The LCs are great help, and she'll help you overcome any other issues you have! Lots of luck!

When did you notice less pain after the clipping? We had it done today, and I've nursed him a few times since. It's definitely better, but not 100%. My nipples are really damaged though (according to the LC I've lost 2-3 layers of skin on them) and I'm wondering if it's not going to really feel better until they heal.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*adb821 View Post
    When did you notice less pain after the clipping? We had it done today, and I've nursed him a few times since. It's definitely better, but not 100%. My nipples are really damaged though (according to the LC I've lost 2-3 layers of skin on them) and I'm wondering if it's not going to really feel better until they heal.
    I felt better immediately (but keep in mind, DD was only a few days old, so I didn't' have a lot of damage). It did take about a day for me to feel 100%, but I was new at nursing, so I would have pain intermittently but that was due to learning how to nurse. I would imagine that as you heal, you will feel better as time goes by. Did you ask her if there was anything you could do to speed up the recovery and healing process?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gamom View Post
    I felt better immediately (but keep in mind, DD was only a few days old, so I didn't' have a lot of damage). It did take about a day for me to feel 100%, but I was new at nursing, so I would have pain intermittently but that was due to learning how to nurse. I would imagine that as you heal, you will feel better as time goes by. Did you ask her if there was anything you could do to speed up the recovery and healing process?
    She instructed me to take some time off from direct breastfeeding (24 hours or every other feeding) and pump. I also am supposed to do salt soaks on my nipples for 10 mins/2x a day, and keep using APNO. I'm going back to see her again tomorrow to see how things are going. I'm a little worried because I honestly don't feel much better. I'm wondering if, since my son is 5 weeks, that we need to retrain him how to latch since he's being doing it incorrectly for so long. That, along with my damaged nipples, makes me think we're not out of the woods yet.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*adb821 View Post
    She instructed me to take some time off from direct breastfeeding (24 hours or every other feeding) and pump. I also am supposed to do salt soaks on my nipples for 10 mins/2x a day, and keep using APNO. I'm going back to see her again tomorrow to see how things are going. I'm a little worried because I honestly don't feel much better. I'm wondering if, since my son is 5 weeks, that we need to retrain him how to latch since he's being doing it incorrectly for so long. That, along with my damaged nipples, makes me think we're not out of the woods yet.
    The good thing is you know what the issues are and now you can work towards your goal of breastfeeding. Don't lose heart...you sound like you are really determined to see this through. I used to think BF was easy, but when they say it's an art, it truly is! This is my second go around (mine DD is 9 weeks) and we are having issues ourselves. So do't feel alone. The LCs really make a huge difference for those of us who don't have anyone to really turn to! After seeing them only a few times, it made a HUGE difference for my first DD, so I am sure you and DS will fall right into place quickly (once you heal!) Keep us posted, and good luck!

So we're still struggling, but still trucking on! The newest thing we're trying is craniosacral therapy with a chiro that specializes in children. We met her yesterday, and are going back tomorrow, and she seems hopeful that this should help since she found some areas in his neck and jaw that can be directly related to latch issues. I hope hope hope that this works- right now I am gritting my teeth through feedings, pumping 5-7 times a day, and supplementing with formula (sigh) when all else fails. Keep your fingers crossed for us! Has anyone else had success with craniosacral? I've heard so many good things about it and had a great first impression of the doctor.