Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: medela wide nipple compressing

Default medela wide nipple compressing

With my second I only used the playtex drop ins. I would pump right into them. Now with my third - I did't want to wash all the extra parts since I connected them to a medela pump... was going to use all medela bottles and nipples. When I've used the wide slow flows with my son he manages to get the nipple stuck down and I have to pull it out or it will pop out on its own. Any bottle suggestions out there besides playtex or any nipples that will work with the medela collars? Thank so much for the tips.

Default Re: medela wide nipple compressing

I have had a couple medela nipples and they ALL sink down when feeding which is really annoying. As far as other bottles, I just pour and store in Avent bottles but I am sure any other bottles will due. I have not found any nipples that will fit the medela bottles to use as an alternative.

We like the Evenflo bottles and nipples. I am not sure if the nipples are interchangeable with the Medela rings, but the bottles are interchangeable. I think any of the "standard" size bottles can be put onto the Medela pump.

I supposed you could buy a set of the Evenflo nipples just to see if they fit the Medela collars. It wouldn't be an expensive experiment.

could be that the collar is too tight, have you tried loosening it?
    Full time working mama to a precious
    Due date was 05/02/2011 - born 04/04/2011 at 36 weeks exactly.
    and 14 months and still going strong

I talked to a few other moms with the same problem. He is also able to do it partially with a Tommee Tippee nipple too. Others are just so fast they end up all over him (Avent). Playtex work ok, but still seem a bit fast for him. Any suggestions would be great.