Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can not nursing for a week cause this?

Question Can not nursing for a week cause this?

I'm not sure if I should post this here or under Fertilty, but…My DD nursed for the first time in 7 days last night. An hour later I suddenly started bleeding. I'm only three days past ovation, wayyy too early for my period or implantation bleeding. It was a fair amount of bright red blood (not typical AF type bleeding IMO). It was maybe a teaspoon total, and then that was it. I'm perplexed. Could this have been caused by a sudden surge of hormones from not nursing for so long?

Default Re: Can not nursing for a week cause thi

And you're not on any form of hormonal contraception? I mean, my first instinct is to wonder if you mistook the time you ovulated, and that what you saw was implantation bleeding...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

That would make sense, but I chart and ovulated kind of early anyway. We only dtd once this month and it just happened to be on the day we dtd. If this had happened a few days from now, I'd totally think it was implantation.

Eta: no I'm not on any form of birth control, and haven't been since we conceived DD. We've been TTC for over a year now.

Hmm. Weird. I dont know!
    Kristin

Momma to Benjamin, we recently made it nursing to age 2!!!!

Benjamin born 9-17-09