Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: feeling guilty about going back to work

Default feeling guilty about going back to work

I'm going back to teaching full time in 2 weeks. Right now my 5mo ds is going to daycare 2 half days a week and will not take my milk from anything- bottle, sippy, cup, etc. Diaper output is good, and he makes up for any missed feeds at night. I'm posting because it breaks my heart that he waits for me. I know physically he can reverse cycle to meet his nutritional needs, but I feel bad that he is missing mommy and I am wondering how to survive on limited sleep when I go back to work full time. I guess I just need a and to hear everything is going to be ok.

Default Re: feeling guilty about going back to w

my lo wouldnt take anything and we are very attached to each other so i was very nervous/anxious/feeling guilty about work too. it has all worked out well and he is very happy. it will be ok

First of all-

BTDT. We started classes (I am also a teacher) this past Monday. I had started back last spring when DS2 was 6 weeks old and he took bottles like a champ. After he had been home for the summer, he is not particularly interested in the bottles. He will eat, but not much. DD always took her bottles at day care, but DS1 resisted for a while. My niece refused to eat for over a week when she started at day car. (The amount of weight she lost increases every time my SIL tells the story.) That being said, all of those kiddos eventually started eating and were fine.

Here is how I think of it--our LO's are confident in the fact that we will return to them and so they don't have to eat while we are gone.

Now that sleep deprivation thing, especially since LO is reverse cycling, is nearly killing me. (Especially since our district has increased our teaching load while also decreasing our planning time!)

More s

It will be okay.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Thank you ladies