Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's been a week!

Default Re: It's been a week!

Today is E's 4th birthday and it's been a month and a day since she last had milk. I think it's safe to say she's fully weaned now . She's asked a small handful of times over the past month, but never persisted, plus she was spacing her nursings more than a week apart and it just didn't feel right anymore. Some days I long to nurse her, but once she started going a week or more without latching on, it started feeling skeevy . We've had no tears, so I know we're in a good place.

So happy for you guys!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*becca.c View Post
    Today is E's 4th birthday and it's been a month and a day since she last had milk. I think it's safe to say she's fully weaned now . She's asked a small handful of times over the past month, but never persisted, plus she was spacing her nursings more than a week apart and it just didn't feel right anymore. Some days I long to nurse her, but once she started going a week or more without latching on, it started feeling skeevy . We've had no tears, so I know we're in a good place.
    It's great that the both of you are/were on the same page.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Your story is an inspiration to me!! Wonderful.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

What a touching story! I think that's a great way to end a beautiful nursing relationship. My DD is 14 months, and I hope she makes it as long as your DD. Congratulations!
    Mirkka

Mama to DD born September 7, 2010, and DS born October 28, 2012 and Wife to DH July 5, 2008

We love and love

Thanks everyone !

I have a question. When did she start spacing her feedings out. Was it gradual or kind of abrupt. My son is 3 months and 2 months and still like to nurse up to 4 times a day. Sometimes we are busy or I am gone and he only gets to nurse once or twice but it seems like he's been at this pace forever. The nursing doesn't really bother me and he's getting so good about being patient and rarely asks to nurse in front of anyone. It's funny how they can almost sense peoples' disapproval namely my family's. My husband has been great which is crazy because I remember him telling me 2 years was enough.(guess he's changed his mind). My son starts preschool in Jan is just 2 days a week for 3 hours but orginally I had told him he should wean before then, now I am not sure if I am ready and seriously question his readiness. Weaning is just so confusing and usually I can't even sort out my feelings about it so if he asks to nurse I do the easy thing and nurse. The only thing really getting on my nerves is boobee is his favorite word so no he says, sings, or yells it all the time even when he doesn't want it. Makes it interesting when we are around people who have assumed I have weaned.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*romeroke View Post
    I have a question. When did she start spacing her feedings out. Was it gradual or kind of abrupt. My son is 3 months and 2 months and still like to nurse up to 4 times a day. Sometimes we are busy or I am gone and he only gets to nurse once or twice but it seems like he's been at this pace forever. The nursing doesn't really bother me and he's getting so good about being patient and rarely asks to nurse in front of anyone. It's funny how they can almost sense peoples' disapproval namely my family's. My husband has been great which is crazy because I remember him telling me 2 years was enough.(guess he's changed his mind). My son starts preschool in Jan is just 2 days a week for 3 hours but orginally I had told him he should wean before then, now I am not sure if I am ready and seriously question his readiness. Weaning is just so confusing and usually I can't even sort out my feelings about it so if he asks to nurse I do the easy thing and nurse. The only thing really getting on my nerves is boobee is his favorite word so no he says, sings, or yells it all the time even when he doesn't want it. Makes it interesting when we are around people who have assumed I have weaned.
    It was kind of gradual. Some time around the time she was 3 and a few months, she tapered off to nursing twice a day from 4-6 times. Then slowly after that she would skip a boring session or a night session. Then she'd skip a day. Then three. Then a whole week. For the last couple months she would often miss up to a week. Then a couple weeks went by, and when she nursed again it felt icky to me . She's asked again a few times over the past month, but she's not been bothered when I told her that we don't have milk anymore.

Last night she asked and when I told her that we don't have milk anymore, she said, "But you do still have milks!" I said, "Well, my boobs will always be big, but that doesn't mean there's milk inside." We recently bought the book "Breasts" by Genichiro Yagyu. It's a great book, and perfect for this time in our lives!

Thank you for sharing this!!! <3

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!