Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Drastic Changes in Behavior

Default Drastic Changes in Behavior

My LO turned 8 wks on Sunday and she is like night and day from when she was born. Her changes started a while ago but I figured it was due to a growth spurt or something but here we are a month later and it seems to be getting worse. She is EBF at home and stays with grandma in the afternoons. We have our 2 month apportionment Thursday so I'm not sure of her weight although she appears to be gaining good. I also "suffer" from Raynaud's. With that said, my LO will eat great for 3-5 minutes on each breast and then scream bloody murder. She has started spitting up more (is on meds for reflux), started drooling more and refuses to sleep (she would ALWAYS sleep for grandma and now won't). She has a stool now every 3-4 days (i know they can get fussier the longer they go w/o a stool). She also seems to be very congested lately (off and on a lot) I don't know what's going on...
    Last edited by @llli*miniwo; August 23rd, 2011 at 06:15 AM.
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

Default Re: Drastic Changes in Behavior

Just a few thoughts I had from reading your post... Are you sure she's spending enough time on each breast? 3-5 mins seems like on the very low end of time that should be spent. It can be done but my first thought is that maybe if she's not spending enough time on each and not getting to the rich hindmilk, maybe her tummy is upset. Are her poops yellow?
    My third baby is 3 months old and is drooling a lot now too and has been for the past month or so. At his two month appt the nurse said they start producing a lot of saliva right now, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that.
    Also with sleeping that can be normal as well. My little guy takes lots of 20 mins naps throughout the day, but only if he's bounced or held. What is grandma doing to try to get her to sleep? Does your baby seem to be in pain? Or is it that she will sleep but not long or only when held etc?
    Also if she has reflux she can be congested, esp if she is spitting up.
    Babies are always changing and it is hard to know what is always going on. That's why forums like this are great.

I try to get her to latch back on but she's crying so much and jerking around that she won't. She only eats good for that small time and throws herself off the breast. As far as sleeping; this is a newer development. She used to fall asleep in your arms and now she fights it. She won't stay asleep either when you put her down. I ended up making an appointment today to see what we're missing but i still appreciate outside help...
    Addison Nicole changed my world on June 21, 2011
    12:33 pm
    7 lb 4 oz
    19"

EBF 11.5 months!

Sadie Lynn completed our family on August 7, 2013
    12:46 pm
    8 lb (even)

20.5"

sounds like either teething or gas to me! maybe both!

here is a good massage for gas! Please read it, it worked wonders for my gassy baby, even though it says its for colic! http://www.llli.org/nb/nbjanfeb98p13.html
    SAHM of Baby Dominic, we