Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Two meals, to soon?

Default Two meals, to soon?

It has been a week of just starting my LO on solids, she is 6 months. I give her breakfast and dinner, is that to much for just starting out? Also how do you go about the 3 day rule for inroducing a new food, when you can give them the food off your plate?

Default Re: Two meals, to soon?

I started giving DS two meals almost right after he started solids. He really enjoyed it. He had organic brown rice cereal (started off with 1 tablespoon and increased the portion gradually) and fruits morning and evening after BM. By 7 months, he was having veggies for "lunch" as well. When introducing new foods, I usually wait 4 days before introducing another. I haven't really offered food of my plate to DS yet (he is 8 months now), I should probably start though.
    Every baby is different, some babies starting eating "grown up" food sooner and some later. DD hated solids altogether, she just wanted BM untill almost one. I didn't stress over it... DS is much more open to trying new things so he is eating a wide variety of fruits and veggies and recently chicken too. He still loves his BM too

Also I forgot to mention that for now all new foods I introduce at morning or lunch meal. This way if the food doesn't agree with DS, there is a lesser chance he will be bothered during the night. I still keep homeopathic gas drops on hand. Last week I gave him peas for lunch and the poor guy was so bloated, I gave him gas drops twice to help him pass the gas. Then he finally settled to sleep for the night.

Thanks!!! I think we will continue the two meals a day, it has been going great.

I gave Joe one meal a day for months, but he wasn't that interested in solids for a long time, so even that was too much! I think you can listen to your baby on this one - if she's enjoying two meals, awesome. If it's becoming a chore and she's not interested, don't sweat dropping a meal.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.