Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: vomiting?

Default vomiting?

a few times, my baby has vomited up what seems like an entire feeding. it scares the hell out of me becuase he gags a little. this isnt just spit up - he RARELY does that. This is a LOT of puke! is this normal? he is exclusively breastfed, if that matters any...

Default Re: vomiting?

Have you ever actually dumped an oz of water on the counter or on a burp rag. It is A LOT. You should do it just to comfort yourself. I had the same worries, but once I did that, I realized that she was just spitting up a lot, not vomiting. If your lo is truly vomiting, you should seek medical advice from a doctor.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Hi there
    Is the milk curdled when he spits up? Sometimes it looks like A LOT more, because it has curdled It's pretty rare for an exclusively breastfed baby to get a stomach virus or vomit.

HTH
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

it is a little curdled actually. then i see curdeled milk in his mouth. he doesnt seem ill - he poops and pees plenty!