Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever wish you could go back in time?

Default Re: Ever wish you could go back in time?

I wish I could go back and say NO to an unnecessary induction for the birth of my DD, which ended in a c-section.

(And in regards to writing a letter to an OB... my old OB wouldn't let me VBAC... so after I switched docs at 30 weeks and had my VBAC, I DID send my old OB a birth announcement, complete with a handwritten note on the back thanking him for 30 weeks of prenatal care and letting him know, that yes I DID in fact have a successful vaginal birth. And I encouraged him to let his other prior c-section patients to do the same. )
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I wish I would have learned more about birth options and stood up for my rights.

As far as bf I wish that I had read and listened to the lc who told me about thrush and to take probiotics as soon as I got home, would have avoided 6 weeks of it. And I wish I never ever would have listened to the lc that told me to just pump and bottle feed exclusively, that added weeks of issues to getting bf down correctly.
    Ds 9/09 nursed for 20 months

Dd 12/11 nursing a toddler again

Nothing LC wise, because they didn't help at all except for the one nurse who thankfully showed me how to squish my nipple like a big mac for little mouths.

I wish I had enough faith in nature to do my home birth, and enough self discipline to hypnobirth without pushing, my LO ended up with a huge knot on his head from zooming down the birth canal into my pubic bone!
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!