Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever wish you could go back in time?

Default Ever wish you could go back in time?

Today I would like to and tell the pedi who claimed my daughter was FTT to stick it where the sun don't shine. That pedi told me my milk "wasn't good enough."

My daughter lost a lot of fluids at birth due to me having a lot of IV fluids. We went through all that jazz early on.

Today's 18 month well check - 97% for height and 80% for weight. Oh, yea she refuses cow milk and is sort of picky about solids. I guess my milk is "good enough" after all, huh?

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Default Re: Ever wish you could go back in time?

I would go back and get a different OB and have some control over my CS I would also tell the first PED to suck it when he said to supplement 2 oz after each feeding, and to to suck it again when he told me I was losing too much weight when I lost 20lbs the first two weeks of having Silas

my pre birth weight 190lbs, Silas 2 week apt my weight 170lbs
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I've actually considered writing a letter to the doctor who did my breast biopsy to tell her, "You know what? You can continue to breastfeed after a breast biopsy. I'm still nursing my baby two years after the procedure ... no thanks to you and your condescending (and wrong) medical advice."

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

I wish I could go back and tell the ENT that we visited when Lance was a few days old, YES, he does have a tongue tie and every other doctor, nurse, lactation consultant, etc seems to think so, so how could your opinion be so different, and you are the one who could actually fix the problem?
    Last edited by @llli*Samiha; August 18th, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

i wish i could go back and scream at the nurse who scared me into not even attempting bf with my premie daughter who turned out to be allergic to every formula!!!! that first year was horrible and to this day i feel soooo much guilt that i didn't even attempt to bf when EVERYTHING i have ever read says that mothers milk is the best thing for premies!!!! she told me the hospital wouldn't let us go home if i didn't give her a bottle. now mind you she was 2mths early but 100% healthy and we would have been allowed to go home i think she just didnt want to take the time to help me get such a little mouth to latch but she could of at least set me up with a pump!!!!

Killian Patrick Oct 27 2006
    Brigid Noel April 13 2008 (formula fed and it was the worst experience ever!!!!!)
    Declan Charles March 28 2011

Lol telling people to "suck it". . .and we are talking about breastfeeding. . . :P

I'd like to tell that witchy OB nurse to suck it when she said if he's already had a bottle, I should just switch to formula. Granted he's not breastfeeding, but I make a heck of alot of milk now!

I wish I could go back and tell the OB I was seeing for infertility who asked why I was even trying to get pregnant and if my husband knew "he was only around for breeding purposes" that she probably should have chosen another specialty. We now have 4 healthy boys (no thanks to her) and are as happy as we've ever been.
    Mamma to: DS 1 (6/1/2002) DS 2 (1/12/2004) DS 3 (8/24/2006) DS 4 (3/12/2011)

And still smiling!

I wish I could go back and tell that sorry LC at the hospital to actually come closer than across the room and DO HER JOB rather than tossing me the wrong sized nipple shield and going about her merry way...twice. It might have saved me weeks of bleeding nipples, giant scabs, and acute pain.

I also wish I could go back and suggest that the doctor at the children's hospital connect the dots that even a lay person like me managed to figure out the next day. It's a milk allergy, for goodness sake. THAT is why my 5 week old baby had diarrhea 25+ times in one day. THAT is why she had all that blood in her diaper and couldn't stop screaming. THAT is why we were at the hospital at 4am. In retrospect, it was SO OBVIOUS
    Elizabeth, mama to Lillian - 10/03/10

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    I've actually considered writing a letter to the doctor who did my breast biopsy to tell her, "You know what? You can continue to breastfeed after a breast biopsy. I'm still nursing my baby two years after the procedure ... no thanks to you and your condescending (and wrong) medical advice."
    You should do this. And you know what else YOU should do?? Go to Hawaii. In Oct. Know why? Because Alaskan in Flying direct flight out of Oakland for $189 each way that month. I can't go. But I just found out and thought who could go? YOU could go.

Way too lazy for formula

I've wished I could go back and tell the nurses at the hospital where I was transferred after the birth of #1 that I DID nurse that baby for TWO YEARS. I had like 3 of the 4 nurses I had while there tell me I would NEVER a) be able to feed such a big baby because I'd never make enough milk and b) because I had severely inverted nipples. One threw a nipple shield at me and wished me luck. Didn't even show me how to use it. And I never saw her again, even with my antibiotics.

Wish I could tell the LC who came in, just as we were leaving (literally), that it was NOT OK. She thought everything seemed fine and we would be just fine. No, it was 8 hard weeks of struggle and tears on my part to make that child latch and stay there.

Wish I could go back and tell our original ped that it was not just colic. He had severe acid reflux. And it was not because of my milk. And I made far more than enough.

Extraordinary that anybody actually makes it through those first few weeks of BFing with all the crummy advice handed out, isn't it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!