Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 27 month old wanting "milky" A LOT

Default 27 month old wanting "milky" A LOT

I'm not complaining, it gives me a chance to sit. He is getting a 2 year molar and his solid intake has decreased greatly so he is loading up on his "milky" He isn't ill(no ever, ear pain etc) I just worry that he isn't really eating especially when this is the 1st 2 year molar and I know 3 more are coming. I worry about the recommended calorie intake and I know he can't be near it! This has been going on about 2 weeks now! Anyone experience this with a toddler ths age? At 1 it wasn't a big deal, now ,I'm happy he is nursing for the great benefits but not as his main source of nutrition!

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

Default Re: 27 month old wanting "milky" A LOT

BTDT... My toddlers did rely on my milk right up until the month they weaned, so for DS#3 I was actually engorged for a week when he weaned.
    DD#1 July 1986 VB
    DD#2 April 1988 c/sec
    DS#3 April 1990 VBAC
    DS#4 June 1993 VB
    and suprise!
    DD#5 April 2001 c/sec
    BTDT scars and stretchmarks,: wrinkles and grey hair

Default Re: 27 month old wanting "milky" A LOT

I think it's pretty normal for toddlers to have some really bad eating days here and there, and nurse more, especially when teething. Try not to worry too much. At least he's getting breastmilk! It's harder not to worry when they go on food strikes after they've weaned.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.