Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help mamas!

Default Re: I need help mamas!

I wonder if it would help to not be in the room while your DH tries to get him back to sleep.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*momtodom09 View Post
    I wonder if it would help to not be in the room while your DH tries to get him back to sleep.
    We've tried that too. Problem is he and Naomi share a room so if he's screaming in there he risks waking her up too.

You know before we went on our trip to Vancouver he was doing well. I would nurse him a bit and then he would lie in bed while I sat by the door until he fell asleep. Since the trip he acts as though there's a chance I will abandon him. Even though he came with me and spent more time by my side on that trip than he does usually.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

If you think it's the molars that are causing this can you put some orajel on or give him some ibuprofen?

oohhh Amanda, Silas did this every night for like 3 months when we came back from Socal last year i was DYING, I am sure I posted about it many times here he was almost 3.
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I'm glad I have you ladies for support. I'm nervous to say anything to most people because I feel like they'll all just tell me to wean him like it's no big deal.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

I weaned DD from the night nursings and kept nursing her morning and evening before bed. She was just over 2 years when I did that. I simply told her when we nursed in the evening, ok "mommy time" is going to sleep till morning. She was upset a little when woke up at night but quickly resettled. After the first couple of nights, she stopped asking for it at night. She still woke up and I went to her and settled her back to sleep with a pat on the back instead.

Whatever route you take, consistency is the key with the little ones, they just keep trying to push the limits

DD 1-22-08 nursed for 28 months
    DS 12-16-10 nursing and counting

My son went through that phase too. It was always the worst on Monday nights after I had worked all weekend and was tired. He would just want to keep nursing. I would try to hold him off or put limits but he would just cry and cry so we would do that for a little while then I would give in and he would fall asleep. Eventually I realized that letting him cry it out did neither one of us any good. I actaully slept in my son's room with him so I wouldn't disturb my husband since he had to wake the next morning for work. My son will be 3 next week so that was just another speed bump in out breastfeeding relationship that is still going strong though it's starting to slow down gradually.
    Did this for 9months with Kailey and Hailey
    who are now 8.

weaned Dane somewhere around 3.5 no longer he likes to sleep with his sisters He's now 5

Now I am , , My baby Cruz who is almost 6 months and my last baby

wow. reading all these posts make me feel like i am also not alone. i don't read many posts anymore. i used this site everyday when i first had our little girl.
    Amanda, totally feel your frustration.
    our 2 year old is being very clingy. she's in a murphy bed now so we can lay with her. we went and got her her own pillow. so i nurse her a little will and then say "time for sleepys, come on your pillow". it works most of the time and is getting better.
    good luck
    mamma to Chloe, July 10, 2009 and we

I have the same problem with Maya. Her molars have been coming out for at least two months. I've tried a few things, which are somedays more successful than others. Sometimes when I feel like my nipple is gonna fall off if she nurses anymore, I tell her that we are going "night-night" so no more nursing. That may be confronted with a major breakdown. These breakdowns sometimes only last a few seconds, then she rolls over and is over it. I have lately felt that they are better handled by her, when I feel confident in her ability to sleep without my nursing. On the other nights when she has a major fit, I announce that this is the last ten minutes (I know she doesn't get time - but I say it anyways) and that after we're done she's going "night-night", - then we nurse a little longer and it's over - usually without major objections. I think this helps because it at least prepares her the nursing session to end. And other times I pull up a pillow by my side, lay her down on it, and just let her nurse while I relax. I think of it as a work in progress. I hope this helps.
    Mama to Maya Neptali born 3-7-10, 6lbs 12 ounces.
    7/27/10 13lbs 10ounces

We and I at work just so I can
    because I love it.

We've gotten through thrush, nipple vasospasm, eczema, posterior tongue tie and low milk supply.