Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad about approaching 6 months/solids

Default Re: Sad about approaching 6 months/solid

Thank y'all so much for these heartfelt replies. Welcome to parenthood, right? Bittersweet seems to be the name of the game. Luckily it's mostly sweet. I am trying to enjoy every nursing we have, and even the too-early morning wake-ups, so that even when these times have passed, I'll know I savored then as much as humanly possible.

And LOL about needing therapy for school starting - I need smelling salts just thinking ahead to that day! Good thoughts to you mamas!

Default Re: Sad about approaching 6 months/solid

I am in the same place right now. My DS will be 6 months really soon (end of next week), and I have been freaking out about it. I also see it as the beginning of the end of BFing, which makes me so sad. Another part of me is excited to see him experience foods, but I just don't feel ready yet!

I was just telling this to another BFing mom at daycare yesterday. Her son is two weeks younger than mine, but they started solids at 5 months. She didn't understand why I am uneasy about it. It kind of made me feel silly for being sad, so I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels this way!
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)