Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freakin' out for no reason...

Default Re: Freakin' out for no reason...

Thank you for all of your advice and input, it is so nice to know you are not the only one who has put on your tinfoil hat. Well I just got back from the LC (she was wonderful). We had a good two hours!!! Phoebe acted up, so she got to see that. The LC said she would have been extremely concerned too if this was her child and happening at home, so that made me feel better. She said that her latch is not as deep in mouth as is ideal, but that it seems like she knows where she wants the nipple and that she is comfortable with that. She recommended finger training (she gags a bit when the finger goes to back) and she also thinks she may have reflux, she said she wouldn't necessarily give meds for it though since positional changes seem to help. She said that she wouldn't worry about the latch as much laying down and that basically everything, is, yes, FINE. She said she is content, happy and alert. Oh, and in I think about 8-13 minutes, she got an ounce and half on the scale, so she is eating well. Plus if I decide I want or need to, I can go back in a week or two and just have a little follow up. So that is the sweetened condensed version of my visit. Oh and I am going to pump 2x a day to keep up and build my milk, just because I want to. You are all are great, thanks so much!

That all sounds very reassuring! I'm so glad the LC was able to reassure you and also home in on the things that need tweaking. I am sure that if you just keep at it, things are going to get better and better.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I pump twice a day so my husband can feed baby one bottle at night before bedtime. Our son is so used to this routine now that he ONLY wants daddy to put him to bed haha! Glad your appt with the LC went well!!

Yay!! I'm glad it went so well. Nothing quite like in person reassurance to put a smile on your face. Keep loving and enjoying that LO. Time flies so fast, she'll be grown up and big before you can blink twice
    Mamma to: DS 1 (6/1/2002) DS 2 (1/12/2004) DS 3 (8/24/2006) DS 4 (3/12/2011)

And still smiling!

i'm glad your LC was wonderful and your mind has been put at ease a bit keep up the good work Mama!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Glad to hear everything is good

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Phoebe.s.mom View Post
    Diaper output is good she is gaining. How old was your baby when you introduced the soothie, and what kind did you switch to?
    I introduced the soothie at 6 weeks or so. I switched to a Tommy Tipee at 3 months. My DS still doesn't have the "perfect" latch but at 8 months supply still good and he still enjoys bfing, especially at night lately

Just to update, still worrying about BFing latch and supply a bit (like if I stop being so vigilant i.e. pumping, herbs, monitoring how well she is drinking etc. that she may stop gaining because my production will go down), but I did go see a counselor. Coincidently, (or more likely by divine providence) She BF both her children (during the time when it wasn't popular) AND her daughter is in LLL :-). Gonna try focusing on the positive instead of the negative, which is really hard cause in a way the negative is more real (why is that?) and acting out my trust in God (can you say really stinking hard???). But anyway, we will probably meet once a week for a while :-). Oh, and I have to do a gratitude journal!!! 5 different things to be grateful for EVERYDAY. :-) So thanks for the push.

I thought we had bad latch issue in the beginning, cause LO would make a clicking sound. Not throughout the entire feed, just a bit here and there. It was not painful to breastfeed but the initial latch was a bit. We went to see a LC and she watched me latch and breastfeed and she said everything looked fine. We continued to breastfeed and it eventually went away!!

Glad you found someone who can talk you through this!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"