Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All pumps are NOT created equal

Default All pumps are NOT created equal

About a week ago, I went to a consignment sale and purchased a Lansinoh double electric pump that I planned on using at work and in the car so I could keep my larger pump (Medela Pump in Style) at home. I purchased all the replacement parts and I tried using that pump yesterday to make sure I knew how it worked...OMG! Not only did it have too many pieces to put together, but it was SO uncomfortable! I'm glad I only paid $35 for it, but it looks like I'm going to have to tote my large Madela tote bag around. but I'm sure I'll get used to it!
    Born Free, Breastfed & Cloth Diapered
    Miss Melanie Elyse
    5/29/11 @ 5:47pm
    7lbs-4oz & 19 inches

Default Re: All pumps are NOT created equal

bummer!
    Sara
    Momma to JACKSON 12-17-09 and JACOB 06-14-11

Are you EPing?
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

no, i'm not EPing, just preparing to go back to work. I'd like a separate pump for work, but I don't know which to choose.

Any suggestions on which pump I could purchase that's small, easy to use, easy on my boobs and an effective remover of milk?
    Miss Melanie Elyse
    7lbs-4oz & 19 inches

You could consider a freestyle, but it's an expensive pump. I got one on the cheap @ www.bestbuybaby.com (either that or www.nursingmothersupplies.com, can't remember which - just google "discount breast pump" and start shopping prices).
    Little SW, Aug '09
    Miss MW, Jan '11
    Sir RW, Oct '12
    3 kids in 38 mos

I use a Medela Pump in Style Advanced (the backpack one) at work, and I love it. It doesn't feel/look too big and it works really well.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

I bet that one is worn out. I have a Lansinoh, and I love it way more than any other pump, except my Symphony. I'd use it more if the horns actually fit -- they don't come in 36.

You could look at a Freestyle. It does also have a lot of parts though. And it's noisy But tiny. It is the only reason PIP is possible for me. If I had to carry a PISA bag around, plus my diaper bag, I'd never go anywhere.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I replaced all the parts on a wornout pump, does that make it "like new"??

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    If I had to carry a PISA bag around, plus my diaper bag, I'd never go anywhere.
    I love the PISA that I have, but I have a LOT of stuff that I carry around for work and it seems like it's gonna bog me down. I'll look into the symphony.

@jeno - thanks for the sites, I'll be sure to check them out
    Miss Melanie Elyse
    7lbs-4oz & 19 inches

Replacing the parts does NOT make it like new! The MOTOR wears out. Most pumps, other than hospital grade pumps, are meant for about a year, or 400 hours, of use. Then they wear out.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Woah, that Symphony is really expensive. How is that cost justified?
    Miss Melanie Elyse
    7lbs-4oz & 19 inches