Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: agatation and negative feelings

Default Re: agatation and negative feelings

I'm glad someone else is feeling this way and your LO is about the same age as mine! The only other people I heard who felt this way had LOs about three or four. I read on another thread that it was due to toddler nursing not producing the same "feel good" hormones in the mother as before. When I get that feeling of agitation I also get an itchiness in my breast. Some nights when I am feeling really touched out I, too, put him to sleep in a chair while watching TV and not in the bedroom. Last night he woke at 2:30 and I lay there nursing him until 4. I cannot sleep when nursing him anymore due to the feeling of agitation; I haven't been able to for a while. At 4 I took him to his bed, gave him his blankie and patted him until he fell asleep. He was not happy about it but I felt about ready to jump out of my skin!! Sorry to go on and on, but you are not alone! I, too, have a goal of nursing until 2 and then for as long after as he wants, but I see that I may have to begin setting some more limits soon.
    Working mom to

Gabbie 3/8/02 BF 15 months

Rose 6/5/04 BF 18 months

Will 10/6/09 BF 22 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*littleiandjmomma View Post
    Both. I tried limiting his time, but he gets uncosolably angry about it. I can't read or do anything because it distracts him and he tries to take the book away from me. It has been way harder for him to fall asleep lately and he was never easy to go to sleep to begin with.
    we have this SAME problem. I've been telling him 'no you can't nurse right now you just nursed x min ago" it's not something I ever WANTED to do but I am DONE. He'll also latch onto the very tip of my nipple and laugh, it hurts so bad. My annoyance is the night time nursing. I even took his bed out of our room (sidecar crib) and put him in X's room and he wakes up sometimes after an hour and comes into our room and starts nursing and does NOT stop for the most part all night. If I can find a pacifier sometimes I can get him off for a while but yeah most nights he looses the paci and will NOT sleep w/o the boob in his mouth.

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

I would also recommend a pregnancy test, just in case... I personally know someone who did, in fact, get pregnant despite having a mirena.

And HUGE hugs to all the mamas with nursing toddlers... I'm still enjoying nursing nearly 22 month old Mason, but I will admit that he's only nursing morning/bedtime for about 15-20 min each session, and is nightweaned, so I'm not having to deal with night nursing. Although I can remember those feelings from when I was pg with Mason and still nursing my DD.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buff24 View Post
    I'm still enjoying nursing nearly 22 month old Mason, but I will admit that he's only nursing morning/bedtime for about 15-20 min each session, and is nightweaned, so I'm not having to deal with night nursing.
    This is where I wanted to be with DD by now (I don't even care about the nightweaning actually it isnt night that me insane). I am so jealous.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

setting limts makes things worse. He is seriously one cranky little dude when he doesn't get his "boo" when he wants and for how long he wants. He has also started telling me that the "boo empty" and gets upset. It feels like maybe Im losing my milk? and no I didn't POAS...I am on meds not approved for pregnancy (fine for nursing though)... Not to mention this would be terrible terrible timing AND I have the miraena to prevent this type of thing...
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!

I think it's hormone imbalance related, and not just that the good feelings are going away either. Every time I got a depo shot I would feel like this for about a week. Also when I stopped getting the shot I felt the same feeling. If I forget to take my thyroid replacement hormone it happens too.

Could also be touched out. Can you plan a day away from your baby?

Did you get the Mirena recently?
    Carmen-Noel mum to James born naturally 8/28/2010.
    Mommy's little pumpkin head

We love our amber necklace from @llli*expat-mum. PM her for the most beautiful effective teething aide we've found!