Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: agatation and negative feelings

Unhappy agatation and negative feelings

DS2 is 21 months. I have lately been having increaced feelings of agitations and general negative feelings towards nursing him. Especially nursing him to sleep. Actually, mostly in respose to nursing him to sleep. I get so anxious and irritated that I start feeling like shoving him away and just storming out of the room and drowing my sorrows in tequila. (I don't even drink btw...) Im pretty sure these are unreasonable feelings and I don't act on them but I just don't how to deal with them. I don't know if I need to night wean, wean all together or just suck it up and deal.... I had intentions on breastfeeding till he was 2, but I don't know if want to go another 3 months...I don't even know what my question is... I feel really depressed and my anxiety is through the roof lately...
    Mommy to 2 little boys!
    DS1 11/1/07 BFed 7 months
    DS2 11/6/09 BF 2 YEARS! and counting!

Default Re: agatation and negative feelings

are you bored or angry that it takes too long? can you try to limit the length of the nighttime session by singing a song?

or you could read a book or something on your phone? for me I couldn't just lay there anymore after a certain point, or I was anxious and the more anxious I was the harder it was for him to fall asleep
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Do you think that you are pregnant?

What you're talking about sounds very familiar to me... it is how I felt nursing Lilah at that same age when I was pregnant. I did end up night weaning because I would have to pinch myself really hard when she nursed at night in order to not yell at her.

I would think about the limits you can put into place that will allow you to make it to your goal. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    are you bored or angry that it takes too long? can you try to limit the length of the nighttime session by singing a song?

or you could read a book or something on your phone? for me I couldn't just lay there anymore after a certain point, or I was anxious and the more anxious I was the harder it was for him to fall asleep
    Both. I tried limiting his time, but he gets uncosolably angry about it. I can't read or do anything because it distracts him and he tries to take the book away from me. It has been way harder for him to fall asleep lately and he was never easy to go to sleep to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Do you think that you are pregnant?

What you're talking about sounds very familiar to me... it is how I felt nursing Lilah at that same age when I was pregnant. I did end up night weaning because I would have to pinch myself really hard when she nursed at night in order to not yell at her.

I would think about the limits you can put into place that will allow you to make it to your goal. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    Oh dear god, I am not pregnant! At least I better not be! I have a mirana in. I just don't know how to go about setting limits, he gets so angry about it and I end up giving in...
    Mommy to 2 little boys!

when my son was like that I gave up on doing things in the bedroom and would sit in fave chair with the nursing pillow and watch discovery channel, I did this from the time he was almost two until he was about years and few months

after he fell asleep my DH carried him to bed. selfish I'm sure but my sanity was at steak and it just did not work otherwise
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I would take a pregnancy test, just to make sure... you are probably not.

When it got unbearable for me, my DH took over the bedtime routine. It was not pretty at first, but I knew that there was no going back because I was not going to do night duty for two children all by myself. About three months after he started doing the bedtime routine, he started doing the entire night. By that point she was accepting of him for comfort and the really hard transition (where she screamed mama mama mama mama at the top of her lungs) only took about a week.
    Tracie

Mommy to

thanks for freaking me out Tracie....

I have been doing bedtime for 2 kids all along. Big difference though, DS1 wasn't nursing and went to sleep on his own. Sometimes makes me feel like Im doing the wrong thing by still nursing ds2. I don't know if DH would be game for taking over bedtime. Until last week, he was working evenings so he wasn't even home at that time. He is currently unemployed but hopfully not for long... He also has way less patience for the screaming and hollering then I do and I don't have much
    Mommy to 2 little boys!

It's not the actual bedtime I minded, it was the night wakings. I am not going to be the nighttime parent to two children when I have to be up every hour or so with a newborn. When I nightweaned Lilah, she was still waking up every 2 hours at night.

Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out.
    Tracie

Mommy to

I so feel the SAME way I'm DONE. done done done done

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Some nursing session make me insane, some don't. Mostly I am just touched out and DD s a clingy monkey baby right now. And DS is up my butt all the time. And I have had 2 breaks in two months of a couple of hours each.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.