Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Made it to a year!!!

Default Made it to a year!!!

My sweet baby girl is a year old today!! I'm so happy that I was able to make it to my goal of breastfeeding for a year; it certainly wasn't easy in the beginning. Now that I've made it to a year, I don't have any intentions of stopping as I love it and so does dd! I'm sure you've been asked these questions like a million times (sorry for not checking, I just can't seem to find the time!), but I was wondering how breastfeeding changes now that I'm nursing a toddler (I can't believe it, I have a toddler!)? Also, do things change now whith how/when to offer solids? TIA
    DD-8/17/10

made it to my goal of 1 year!! ...and still going strong

Default Re: Made it to a year!!!

way to go mama

as for solids you can start offering solids before nursing as opposed to after if you want
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Congratulations!

Not much changed for me in terms of nursing until around 15 months, I guess... it took a while for Lilah to take to solids.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Congratulations mama! Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Happy Birth Day and Congrats! I let my DD initiate her interest in solids, and she didn't start eating solids much until15-18 months. Just keep doing what feels right! You're doing a great job!

Congratulations! Nursing a toddler... I think what changes the most is the opinions of people around you, whether it is in public or in the family. Hang in there sister and remember that the WHO recommends breastfeeding for at least 2 years and thereafter as long as mother and baby desire. If the attitudes of others around you is what changes, you will be doing a lot more educating.
    BF'ing + pumping (working full time as BFPC) CD'ing , baby wearing , mother of an intact son , co-sleeping , and tandem nursing toddler... Plus I wear deodorant.

Oh! And you might get asked the question "Have you seen the movie Grown Ups?"
    You could reply with "Yes/No, but have you seen the World Health Organization recommendations?"
    BF'ing + pumping (working full time as BFPC) CD'ing , baby wearing , mother of an intact son , co-sleeping , and tandem nursing toddler... Plus I wear deodorant.

i agree with tatatandem. Congrats for making it a year, Mama!
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Thanks everyone!
    DD-8/17/10

made it to my goal of 1 year!! ...and still going strong