Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He doesn't sleep in between nursings

Default Re: He doesn't sleep in between nursings

Do you g=have a carrier? Maybe he doesn't like the carseat... Trixie SCREAMED ecery time she was in there for the first 8 weeks. Very nerve wracking.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

baby carrier. WEAR baby next to you. I am CONVINCED that that is why my last three babies had very short periods of time -- like just days -- where they would be awake more at night than the day. Very quickly they would be half and half, and then, before I knew it, they would have periods of alert wakefulness during the day and sleep pretty well at night, even as newborns.

But he's also approaching the age for another growth spurt, and they also start just waking up more. Trick is getting them to do that during the day.

Babywaering makes it easy to go out for a walk too Two weeks after I have a baby, I'm back at the barn, my kids all in tow, cleaning stalls. My eldest was like what you describe, and babywaering got him to sleep longer, deeper and let me go places. I spent a lot of time window shopping when I had just one kid.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I do have a wrap carrier, but he still needs to get used to it. He fusses quite a lot when I put him in it, flinging his head way back so I need to hold him all the time until he falls asleep. But then...isn't it conterproductive to have him sleep a lot during the day?

Are babies like us? The more they sleep during the day the less they sleep at night?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lilycurly View Post
    Are babies like us? The more they sleep during the day the less they sleep at night?
    I find that when my DS naps during the day, he sleeps sooo much better than days when he doesn't nap enough.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

Really?? That's good to know!!

My second child slept all day and all night for the first 6 to 8 weeks. She only woke up to nurse. It was heavenly. Not so with the first one.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mek View Post
    I find that when my DS naps during the day, he sleeps sooo much better than days when he doesn't nap enough.
    I find this to be true with my son too. It took awhile to get comfortable with my wrap carrier (moby) but now I don't know what I'd do without it. If I put him in his bassinet during the day he sleeps for MAYBE 45 min at a time. In the moby he will sleep 2-3 hours easily. Plus I love being so close to him ;-)
    Pumped for Kaiser (DS1) for 6 months (8/16/08)

Now BF Ronin (DS2) AND I'M SO HAPPY!!! (6/16/11)

Donated 140 oz of breast milk (14 oz of colostrum) to the human milk bank in Denver, CO!!!! Check it out!
    http://www.hmbana.org/

Good naps are key to good sleep at night for a baby.

Keep trying with the carrier. I put mine in it, trying different positions, and start walking and patting baby's butt to help them settle.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!