Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storage at work

Default Re: Storage at work

I don't like the cooler packs for all day. I put the cold thing in the freezer at work and my milk in the fridge. If I really had to, I would probably add extra cooling packs and a larger bag for the milk.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I have a pretty good cooler that stays pretty cold with an ice pack. It's still frozen after 12 hours Even if it doesn't stay frozen, though, the milk has not been at room temp for the entire work day, if that makes sense.

I did look into these little cooler things that plug into the wall and act like mobile fridges. RV centers sell them. My dad had one on his big rig. They come in different sizes. I just never got around to ordering one, and the cooler worked out well for us. But this thread is reminding me to recheck on those...we have another hospital stay coming up, this time of several days...
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I've just been using the cooler bag that came with my pump and the icey thing that came with it... and it doesn't stay frozen all day. I used to just keep the whole thing in the fridge and it would stay cold, but the icey thing would not be frozen anymore. So I've started putting the cooler bag & ice pack in the freezer and just storing the milk bottles loose in the fridge. I'm sure all the men I work with are thinking I'm an engineer in a male dominated work place and they won't even look me in the eye when I'm going to put the milk in the fridge and rinse the horns out.
    Tracie

Mommy to

I do use a different cooler and ice pack. Maybe that's the difference I have a MaxCold cooler by Igloo and some of those blue ice packs, a big one, that fits the bottom of the cooler perfectly. The cooler was advertised to still have ice in it a day later, iirc.

Tracie at those guys! But it did make me think about what BIL must be thinking about. I have bottles and horns and stuff all just standing in the fridge all the time
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Susan, what is really goofy is that my DH is so grossed out by it. If he gets some of my milk on him, he acts like some poop dropped on him.
    Tracie

Mommy to